May 19, 2016

I am not a Democrat nor a liberal, nor a progressive. Neither am I a Republican. Maybe I’m a Trump Democrat or a Trump Republican for all I know – praise be. No, as in that interchange between Henry Fonda and Charles Bronson in Sergio Leone’s Once Upon A Time In the West before their epic final duel, I’m just a man, an ancient race. So what do I know?

Not much, I guess.

But I’ll tell you this: why Democrats, or progressives, or the Obama administration are choosing to plant their flag in the hill for transgender bathroom privileges is total beyond me. Maybe I’m just a dinosaur in these kinds of matters, but in my mind whatever sex you were born as, you are. You can create or eliminate boobs, penises, or vaginas, but you can’t change the DNA you were born with. Are there exceptions to the rule? As with everything else in this world these days, yes, but as with everything else these days the exceptions seem to have become the rule.

Want the truth? I’m kind of sick of all this transgender crap. How it makes any sense that 99% or more of society is being forced to bend over backwards (no pun intended) for the 1% is beyond me, but then again, I’m not a member of the mainstream media. I’m going to resist the temptation here of calling Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner and those like him/her freaks. Frankly, I really don’t really care what folks do with their bodies or their lives as long as it doesn’t impinge upon my own freedoms. If it makes them happy and in some way improves their self-worth that’s really OK by me.

But all this crap about allowing men to use women’s restrooms (and vice-versa) is beyond stupid in my mind.

First of all: it’s just a restroom. You go in there to do nature’s business or clean yourself up. You’re not in there to take a civil service exam, hit a fastball, testify in court, or shop for groceries. It’s an in and out thing, isn’t it? So why would I care if you are “inconvenienced” as a female wanting to be a male or vice-versa when it comes to using the bathroom. Do what everyone else does: get in, do your business, and get out. Secondly, there are plenty of other ways if you’re a woman who has manly desires or vice-versa to express who you are and live the way you identify with. Dress the way you like. Frequent the places you like, do whatever you want to do. But recognize that girls don’t want guys in the bathroom stalls and vice-versa!

To me, the Obama administration and those pathetic social justice activists whose sole goal in life is to destroy the family and put the majority at the mercy of the minority are frequenting the wrong stall, so to speak. I mean, where does it all end? And why, on God’s green earth, are they making transgenders and bathroom rights such an issue in a presidential election year? Do they not understand that, like, 99% of people think this is nothing but horse(bleep)? Common sense would tell anyone that the vast – and I do mean VAST majority of Americans are not only comfortable with their sex and their sexuality, but see these are nothing more than bat$hit crazy loons trying to validate their own sense of inadequacy by shoving it down our throats. And I’m with the states who have told the Obama administration to stick it where the sun doesn’t shine.

But this is what happens when you allow moron progressives who haven’t a clue as to how the real world operates in any number of ways to be given a voice in the public arena via the mainstream media. These people are not just misguided, they are pests, just like some mosquito zzzzzing in your ear. It’s time for these folks to grow up, get a life, and have enough self-confidence in their own identities to frequent a restroom that won’t make the majority of those within it uncomfortable.

Here’s a novel idea: everyone’s birth certificate states whether they are male or female. And no matter what you or anyone does to try and change that, well, it ain’t gonna change that, if you know what I mean. And, frankly, it shouldn’t be that big a deal. But when the politicians (on either side of the political aisle) or the mainstream media get a hold of a narrative you can be sure to kiss common sense goodbye, which is why I despise politicians and the mainstream media to begin with.

I’ll tell you this: if Democrats think that this issue is gonna garner them votes in the general election, they’re peeing in the wrong stall.

Filed in: Politics & World Events by The Great White Shank at 01:37 | Comments (6)
6 Comments »
  1. It’s not about men using women’s bathrooms, or women using men’s bathrooms, it’s about transgenders being able to use the bathroom of their choice.

BOTH SIDES have blown this all out of proportion. All it needs is a little common sense (all too rare in 2016 America) and everything will work out fine for everyone.

Comment by Dave Richard — May 19, 2016 @ 8:47 am

2. Actually, one again bro you are wrong. How can one person be so wrong so much of the time? 🙂

Of course it’s about who uses bathrooms. Not too many folks would be too concerned about a woman using a men’s room, but there sure are a whole lot of concerns about male pervs and deviants taking advantage of a law to use the ladies room to get their jollies off (and more). If you don’t see that there’s no hope for you. There will always be people trying to use a law to take advantage of others (and in this case it could be quite dangerous), no use in making it even easier for males with malice on their minds.

I still like my idea when I posted on this a while ago – bring back restroom attendants. You can hire elderly or disabled folks who can’t do hard work and have them sit outside as monitors. Good for them, scares away the creeps, and everyone wins, even “true” transgenders.

One other thing: the idea of the federal government threatening states with penalty if they don’t toe the line on their social justice experimentations is beyond overreach. States should tell the feds to go screw themselves and file suit if necessary. Wars have been fought over less.

Comment by The Great White Shank — May 19, 2016 @ 8:46 pm

3. Male pervs and deviants are going to try to get into women’s bathrooms before, during and after any laws are passed. NOTHING has changed.

Transgenders aren’t pervs or deviants.

Get over them.

Comment by Dave Richard — May 20, 2016 @ 4:28 am

4. Dude, you’re not getting what I’m saying (as usual). I’m not saying transgenders are pervs and deviants. I’m saying that heterosexual males who are pervs and deviants and stalkers will use these kinds of laws to their advantage – you’re already hearing stories about this stuff at Targets. And I would be damned concerned about gender-neutral rest rooms in high schools with all the raging hormones going on there. I remember something papa told me many years ago: “if you go looking for trouble don’t be surprised if you find it.”

We probably (tho I doubt it) agree that having mens rooms and womens rooms seemed to work out well enough since chamberpots went the way of Ted Cruz’s candidacy, but you know damned well where this is going.

You’re going to see costs begin to rise for businesses already slammed by overregulation due to lawsuits flying everywhere and companies forced to bust down walls to create an additional rest room or re-engineer existing ones simply because some social justice activist who has gotten tired of suing florists and pizza makers for not wanting to do a gay weddings now asserts they need to create a third bathroom for the 1% that doesn’t see themselves as males or females.

The inmates are now running the asylum, but that will hopefully get taken care of soon enough once Trump is in the White House, the place gets fumigated, and the heads of hundreds of agencies now headed by a bunch of snowflake bureaucrats are handed their walking papers. God knows that can come soon enough.

Comment by The Great White Shank — May 20, 2016 @ 8:27 am

5. I get it. You’re ignoring the fact that these pervs have been doing this for years, and there is nothing that shows that this will increase with any rulings that have come down. The people now claiming this status are publicity seekers – nothing more. They want their 15 minutes of fame on YouTube.

It’s all much ado about nothing from both sides.

Comment by Dave Richard — May 21, 2016 @ 6:20 am

6. All I can say is, no wonder you were once a politician. The only way you can debate someone is by accusing them of things they have done and putting words in their mouths that they haven’t said. Those kinds of tactics might win you a winky button in debate class, but it doesn’t lend itself to an honest and genuine sharing of one’s views. For example, a good start might be to ask questions for the purpose of clarification rather than making your own assumptions about what the other person might be saying. To me, debating is tiresome; I don’t feel I have to defend my own views; rather this forum is designed as a vehicle for others to share their own opposing views.

Comment by The Great White Shank — May 21, 2016 @ 7:00 am