* …was worth 5 cents before yesterday.
No, not Hitler Youth – Obama Youth. Talk about unsettling. This is what happens when just another lame politician attains cult status for no reason other than his supposed “aura”. Kim Priestap at Wizbang has it EXACTLY right:
These kids are already being taught to worship Obama as if he were some kind of god. That’s what kids in North Korea, Cuba, Saddam Hussein’s old Iraq, and other totalitarian regimes were taught to do as well. The purpose is if they grow up seeing their leaders as god-like they’re less likely to rise up against them.
Two thoughts here: 1) the parents of these children need to get a life – SERIOUSLY, and 2) count me as one who thinks using children as a tool to forward one’s own political inclinations seems pretty sick to me. Who’s the more juvenile – the kids, or the adults who are orchestrating this debacle? Of course, then again we’re talking about Venice, California. Ed Morrissey has more.
I don’t know why or how, but I’m thinking somewhere down the line this comes back to haunt Barck Obama, real bad. Let me tell you, were I a Democrat I’m thinking Hillary Clinton is looking better all the time. And the same holds true for Bill. And I never thought I’d say that.
UPDATE 10/1/07: YouTube has pulled the video – probably happened shortly after Sean Hannity showed a portion of it on last night’s “Hannity and Colmes”. And that was after Rush Limbaugh played a portion of it yesterday. No surprise there – the Obama campaign obviously saw the outpouring of rage it would inspire – believe me, it was that creepy. But no worries, I have a feeling some enterprising person made a copy of it and will make sure it gets back up there soon. After all, it had over 400,000 hits before it was taken down. Amazing. If it gets back up there I’ll drop a dime for y’all.
UPDATE #2: : I was right. here it is.
In other news:
* If he’s still alive, I doubt Osama bin Laden is getting a whole lotta sleep these days.
* Count me as someone who’s OK with the Red Sox pitching John Lester in Game 1 and Daisuke Matsuzaka in Game 2 of their ALDS series (say, that’s redundant!) against the Lost Angeles Angels Who Play Somewhere Between Santa Monica and Cocoa Beach, while top gun Josh Beckett nurses his strained oblique. If the Sox can split on the road I’d gladly take my chances with Beckett in Game 3 and Lester back for Game 4. I do think, however, the Angels are the class of the AL and expect them to not only beat the Sox in the ALDS but go all the way this year. Sorry, Cubs fans.
* Make it seven credit cards down, two to go: I’m feeling pretty good tonight knowing yet another VISA card has been paid off as of today. 45K+ down, 13K+ to go: Dave Ramsey would be proud.
* That horrific Wall Street bailout bill went down to defeat today, and still – somehow – against all odds and the hysteria of the cable network talking heads yesterday, the sun still came up today. What a surprise.
* Which reminds me – count me among those who think Dave Ramsey might very well be onto something. But what would he know? He only hangs out in Nashville, Tennessee, right?
* Uh-oh. For two hours today the pool temperature dropped below 80.